The Hydraulic Institute (HI), the largest association of pump manufacturers and suppliers to the pump industry in North America and the global authority on pumps and pumping systems, installed new leadership during its 2022 Annual Conference. During this conference, the 2022-2023 Officers were announced:
- DeLancey Davis, president, Headwater Companies; vice president of Franklin Electric as chairman of the board;
- Brian Sweeney, president, Crane Pumps & Systems as board president;
- Scott King, president of the Gorman-Rupp Co. as HI treasurer; and
- Rob Phillips, vice president of global engineering at Flowserve Corp. as HI secretary.
Three new members joined the board:
- Ansell Sims, president, Grundfos;
- Julian Atchia, vice president of research and development, SJE-Rhombus; and
- Randy Bennett, vice president of technology and operations, Leistritz Advanced Technologies.
Two vice president positions were confirmed:
- Vice President of Education: Scott Tystad, educational leader, Pentair; and
- Vice President of Membership: Mike Ketchum, vice president of sales and business development, Iwaki America.
The board transition took place at the annual conference where outgoing board members: Karl Buscher, PSG Dover; Rob Philips, Flowserve and H.J. Dewes, ABB were also recognized during the awards ceremony and thanked for their service on the HI Board since 2019.
The board of directors will provide organizational oversight to HI and guide the direction of its strategic plan.