- Mestek’s Boiler Products Group, consisting of RBI, Advanced Thermal Hydronics and Smith Cast Iron Boilers, announced the promotion of Ken Eggleston to director of sales — boiler products, overseeing the North American market segments and territories. Eggleston has been with Mestek for more than 13 years in various capacities, advancing through progressively more responsible positions in both product development and sales.
- Victaulic announced Rick Bucher was appointed president and COO, effective immediately. Bucher will continue reporting to John F. Malloy, who has served as chairman, president and CEO for the past 16 years. Malloy will remain chairman and CEO. Bucher began his career with Victaulic in 2009 as vice president, product development, and rose to the position of executive vice president, technology and product development. In June 2019, he was named COO.
- Grundfos Technical Training Manager Jim Swetye was appointed to serve on the board of the Hydraulic Institute for 2020-2021 as vice president of education. As vice president of education, Swetye is responsible for leading educational initiatives within HI. The position ensures educational content is in alignment with HI’s technical standards and guidelines, while also remaining accessible and addressing user needs.
- AB&I Foundry announced Grant Hajek has joined the company’s sales team as a regional sales manager covering the northern California territory. Hajek will be responsible for reaching out to existing customers and developing new partners within the territory. His appointment supports the company’s strategic direction, strengthening customer relationships, as well as expanding its sales support coverage, AB&I Foundry explained.
- International Code Council named Guy Tomberlin as its new vice president of plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas and swimming pool codes programs and resources. Tomberlin brings more than three decades of experience in code enforcement, policy implementation and training development.
- The International, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Foundation charitable arm of IAPMO has promoted Sean Kearney to the role of IWSH managing director. Since joining The IAPMO Group in 2015, Kearney has overseen development of the international Community Plumbing Challenge (CPC) program, which has grown in to the flagship initiative of the IWSH Foundation today. Over the past five years, Kearney has directed projects launched in India, South Africa, Indonesia, and most recently in the United States.
- St. Louis, Missouri-based manufacturers representative MR & Associates has been selected as the exclusive eastern Missouri and southern Illinois sales representative for Sloan Valve. MR will sell the Sloan line for use in healthcare facilities, restaurants, hotels, schools, office buildings and other institutions in the region.
- EVAPCO has split its southern territory into three regions. Jackson, Mississippi-based Hydronic Technology will serve the Jackson area for EVAPCO, while Mid-South Equipment Sales & Services will serve New Orleans, and Shreveport, Louisiana-based Mechanical Concepts will serve Shreveport and northern Louisiana. Hydronic Technology is led by Scott Dees, while Mid-South is led by Shelly Hasney, Kelly Hasney and Allen Laird. Dan Cason leads Mechanical Concepts.
- QM Drain appointed Performance Sales and Marketing Group out of Orland Park, Illinois, as its new manufacturers representative for north and central Illinois, northwest Indiana and southern Wisconsin. QM Drain is a member of the Quality Metal Group family and is distributed in more than 27 countries.
- Woods & Jaye Sales is SJE Rhombus’ new manufacturers representative for the New York counties of Rockland, Westchester, Bronx, New York, Richmond, Kings, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk. Woods & Jaye has served the New York area with a wide range of plumbing industry services since 1965.
June pme Movers and Shakers
June 17, 2020