- KAI Enterprises hired Brad Simmons, FAIA, to the new position of managing partner. KAI noted Simmons is a recognized and respected leader in the industry with more than 35 years of regional, national and global experience. Simmons had worked collaboratively with KAI on joint projects for the past 20 years through his former employer, Jacobs, and predecessor company Sverdrup. “He is a distinguished and exciting ad-dition to the design-build firm,” KAI Enterprises CEO Michael Kennedy Jr. said.
- Westwood, Massachusetts-based rep firm RST Thermal announced Evan Trethewey has assumed the role of president. He will continue in his role in outside sales and as the sales leader of the RST team. Richard Trethewey, of “This Old House” fame, continues his responsibilities in outside sales, principal relations and overseeing the strategic direction of the company.
- McElroy appointed Geoff Koch, P.E., as vice president of product development. He will help lead the continuing evolution and global impact of McElroy pipe fusion equipment, the company noted. Koch enjoyed a nearly 25-year run with Ditch Witch prior to joining McElroy.
- Speakman hired Sharmin Welch to its executive team as director of distribution sales. She supports Adam Horwitz, who was appointed general manager at the beginning of 2020. Both previously worked for Kohler Co.
- Communications and marketing firm Sonnhalter promoted Andrew Poulsen from public relations technician to content engineer. In his new position, Poulsen is responsible for development and management of Sonnhalter’s public relations and creative copy for both the agency and its clients.
- After 41 years of leading the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors, Dirk Van Dongen announced he is stepping down as president and CEO on Nov. 30, the end of the association’s current fiscal year. He also will retire as president of the NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence, treasurer of NAW-PAC and president and CEO of NAW Service Corp.
Crushproof Tubing, a manufacturer of high-grade rubber products used in the military, aftermarket automotive and breathing markets, announced its Simple Drain product has received a Certificate of Listing to the IGC-351 standard from IAPMO for its patented p-trap alternative.
Fresh-Aire UV recently named Value Oriented Sales its rep of the year for 2019, and also honored five all-star reps, based on whole-sale-distributor reviews.
PTI, a manufacturer of HVAC and plumbing pipe insulation, moved its manufacturing operations to a new 165,000-square-foot plant in Hickory, North Carolina. The new facility is double the size of its prior plant.
- Hilti acquired substantially all the assets of Concrete Sensors, a provider of connected devices, software and services related to the concrete curing process.