Caleffi North Amercia’s Bob “Hot Rod” Rohr is the recipient of the 2020-2022 Carlson-Holohan Industry Award of Excellence.
Caleffi North America’s Bob “Hot Rod” Rohr was presented with the 2020-2022 Carlson-Holohan Industry Award of Excellence during the Radiant Professionals Alliance event in Orlando, Florida. He’s is the eighth recipient of the award, joining BNP Media Plumbing Group columnists Dan Holohan, John Siegenthaler and Dave Yates in that prestigious club. In the spirit of Gil Carlson and the vision of Holohan, the award was conceived In 2006. Every two years an Individual from the U.S. or Canada who has demonstrated their passion for hydronic technologies manifested through education, marketing and philanthropy, is selected by inductees and presented with a replica Bell & Gossett System Syzer wheel invented by Carlson. The unique circular slide rule calculates the relationship between flow rate, temperature change and heat transfer.
- Dewberry announced the promotion of nearly 60 employees nationwide, including nine staff member in Its Fairfax, Virginia office. Joseph Wells, AIA NCARB, has been promoted to senior principal, while Joseph Goetz, P.E., is now associate vice president. Meg Bower, AICP, LEED AP BD+C has been promoted to associate principal and is a planner with the justice architecture group. Also, Mark Brewer, P.E., Mark Kuczynski, CDT, Andrew Peters, GISP, and April Vacca NCIDQ, LEEP AP ID+C, have been promoted to senior associate with the firm. Brian Pak, P.E., BEMP, LEED AP BD+C, and Coulter Toatley have been promoted to associate.
- T&S Brass and Bronze Works hired Nikolai Hinzer as Europe regional sales manager.
- Oatey Co. promoted Katherine Lehtinen to vice president, brand and digital marketing.
- Brasscraft Mfg. Co. awarded the 2019 Robert M. Zell award to Rohit Bhagat from its Novi, Michigan headquarters. The award recognizes employees who exemplify the founder’s legacy, inspire trust with customers and advances the company’s culture of excellence. Bhagat is a manufacturing engineer at Brasscraft. He has been a Brasscraft employee since July 2015. He joined the company after completing his master’s degree at State University of New York. In 2019, he was critical in supporting several product development and continuous Improvement Initiatives.
“What is unique about the Zell Award is that it is entirely peer-nominated,” Brasscraft President Tom Assante said. “Rohit received several nominations, which speaks to both his contributions and the way he works with others. He truly embodies the spirt of the award and the culture we aim to promote In our company.”
The Zell Award nomination process begins each year in the fall, when the company seeks nominations from its more than 750 employees. An anonymously assigned committee individually reviews each nomination to collectively determine a recipient they believe best lives the company values. Winners are announced at the company’s annual celebration ceremony and receive an engraved plaque and monetary award.
- Chelsea Building Products announced the addition of Daniel Franklin as product manager, specialty products.
- Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association of Texas announced the hiring of Sarah Rayburn as its new executive director.
- Zurn Industries acquired the assets of Just Manufacturing, a manufacturer of stainless steel designer and engineered sinks, commercial faucets and accessories.
- The Hilti Group announced it grew sales by 4.3% in the 2019 business year to CHF 5.9 billion. In local currencies, grow was 6.3% against the previous year.