Flo Technologies, a company on a mission to prevent costly water damage in homes around the country, today announced its own reimbursement program, HomeProtect. The unique program will reimburse homeowners for their insurance deductibles if their Flo-equipped home suffers major water damage.
“Water damage is the leading cause of preventable homeowner’s insurance claims every year, costing over $9 billion annually," said Gabriel Halimi, CEO and co-founder of Flo Technologies. "We’ve analyzed the results from our diverse customer base and proved our initial hypothesis: The Flo System’s proactive technology helps dramatically reduce the likelihood of water damage. With this data, we can now stand behind our customers in an unprecedented way.
"We are so confident in the Flo system that we will refund customers’ deductibles in the unlikely event their Flo-equipped home suffers major damage that Flo should have prevented. We are excited to offer our customers this added layer of protection as we further Flo’s mission of preventing costly water damage and water loss.”
For $5 per month, HomeProtect subscribers gain an additional layer of protection, including:
● A water damage prevention guarantee: Flo will pay up to $2,500 for out-of-pocket homeowner’s insurance deductible;
● Proactive Monitoring by Flo’s experienced support team, as well as Live Chat Support;
● Access to Flo’s Water Concierge to answer questions about your home’s water system and help resolve water and plumbing issues (whether or not the issues involve the Flo System);
● An extended 3-year product warranty;
● Access to enhanced analysis and information about water usage, including usage per water fixture (currently in beta);
● A Flo Certified Letter for Insurance that may help reduce monthly homeowners insurance costs (depending on your insurance provider); and
● Access to the Flo Standard Plan, which comes with every Flo device purchase.
Using FloSense technology, the smart home device applies machine learning and artificial intelligence to learn users’ daily behavior, and sends alerts about abnormalities via the free iOS and Android app. Through the app, users can shut off the water, get troubleshooting tips, or contact Flo Support. Plus, Flo’s MicroLeak technology runs daily proactive tests, identifying and notifying users of tiny leaks that would otherwise go undetected. The Flo device has already helped U.S. homeowners save over 1 million gallons of water. There is no required monthly fee to use the Flo System. HomeProtect’s features and benefits are in addition to the Flo System’s best-in-class water damage prevention.
In celebration of the HomeProtect launch, Flo will reimburse customers $150 towards the cost of plumbing installation for their Flo Device purchased June 12-17. New customers do not have to sign up for HomeProtect to be eligible for this promotion. Flo customers can sign up for HomeProtect today at www.meetflo.com/homeprotect.
The March 2019 issue of PM Engineer dives into the latest plumbing trends in commercial kitchens and baths, including the role grinder pumps play combatting sanitary wipes, and the expanded use of food waste disposers in grocery store prep areas. Also in the magazine, Julius Ballanco sees problems with a new International Plumbing Code change requiring more shutoff valves. John Siegenthaler, P.E., finishes his two-part column on different configurations for thermal storage tanks, and fire protection engineer Jacqueline Wilmot provides a guide for navigating the new and reorganized 2019 edition of NFPA 13.