The Terracon Foundation announced the awarding of $82,254 in grants and scholarships. The Terracon Foundation was established as the community investment arm of Terracon with a goal to reach out and become a real part of the lives of company employees and the communities where they live and work.
“We are pleased to award grants to eight universities to allow students to complete their degrees, participate in research and further their professional relationships,” said Laura Campa, P.E., chair of the Terracon Foundation and manager of the Baton Rouge, Louisiana, office. “We are also excited to award 10 additional grants to community organizations across the nation that are doing crucial work to educate and mentor children, increase health, and more in their communities. Each grant was championed by a Terracon employee who is actively involved in the organization or university.”
As part of an ongoing effort to support higher education, the Terracon Foundation presents university grants for scholarships, fellowships and programs in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
The Terracon Foundation has presented a total of $53,500 to eight universities, including:
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama;
- Cloud County Community College, Concordia, Kansas;
- Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, Tennessee;
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas;
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas;
- University of Kansas School of Engineering, Lawrence, Kansans;
- University of Washington, Seattle; and
- Virginia Tech Foundation, Blacksburg, Virginia.
The Terracon Foundation has awarded $28,754 in community grants to 10 nonprofit organizations, including:
- ACE Mentor Program of America, Des Moines, Iowa;
- Archbishop Chapelle High School, Metairie, Louisiana;
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Chattahoochee Valley, Columbus, Georgia;
- Caterpillar Ministries, Huntersville, North Carolina;
- EveryoneOn, Washington, D.C.;
- Girls on the Run International, Charlotte, North Carolina;
- Latinx Education Collaborative, Kansas City, Missouri;
- Museum of Arts & Sciences, Macon, Georgia
- Rutherford Outdoor Coalition, Rutherford, North Carolina; and
- The ALS Association, Mission, Kansas
For more information about the Terracon Foundation, visit terracon.com/foundation.