Movers & Shakers — November 2016
Check out the latest appointments, promotions and goings-on in the plumbing and mechanical industry.
- Uponor named Dena Mayne vice president of offerings/marketing for Uponor North America. Mayne most recently worked at Ecolab.
- Watts Water recently announced Joe Pabian has joined the company as national sales manager — national accounts. Pabian previously worked at NIBCO and Ward Mfg.
- Matco-Norca hired Gary Skeber for the role of vice president of industrial sales. Skeber previously worked at SVF Flow Controls and Smith-Cooper. The company also welcomed Melissa Coolidge as its new Eastern regional sales manager responsible for the Northeast. Coolidge formerly worked at Ward Mfg.
- Thirty-three students will receive scholarship funds from ASHRAE – adding to the more than 300 students who have been provided financial assistance from the Society over the years. ASHRAE will provide $164,000 to the students from the 2016-17 school year.
- Slant/Fin added Kevin Devine to its sales-management team as a regional sales manager. Devine has almost two decades of experience in the hydronic heating industry.
- Grundfos held its fifth annual Walk for Water charitable benefit in Kansas City, Mo., and Aurora, Ill., raising more than $35,000 for global water crisis relief. Roughly 230 Grundfos employees and local participants joined the two events, designed to build awareness about the global water crisis and raise funds for safe, sustainable water solutions in developing countries. Since first holding the event in 2012, Grundfos has raised more than $230,000 to date for Water Missions International.
- T&S Brass and Bronze Works expands its mechanical design team with the addition of Monica Cabrera, who will use her expertise in CAD software to create and maintain engineering-based drawings, which support and facilitate needs ranging from sourcing and purchasing to production, sales and marketing.
- American Fire Sprinkler Association President Steve Muncy is the recipient of the 2016 Henry S. Parmelee Award for his significant service, leadership and advocacy to the fire-protection industry.
- Viega announced the establishment of its manufacturing apprenticeship program with the assistance of Hutchinson Community College. The program will start in January. In addition to receiving a paid position working in Viega’s plastics, metals, machining or maintenance divisions, selected students will receive a three-year associate’s degree paid-in-full by Viega with the potential to earn other employee benefits. Graduates of the program also will be offered a full-time position upon graduation.
- State Water Heaters recently was featured in an episode of the television program “Bar Rescue.” A 50-gal. commercial gas State Water Heaters Force 90 was installed in the Tradewinds, a neighborhood establishment in Cotati, Calif.
- Rinnai recently celebrated the sale of its 2-millionth tankless unit with a special luncheon for employees at corporate headquarters in Peachtree City, Ga.
- Noritz America updated its website at www.noritz.com with a more robust navigation menu that allows the user to quickly and easily reach particular browsing goals. The revamped menu contains six items, each containing a dropdown menu of subtopics.
- Comedian and television host Howie Mandel is serving as the spokesperson for American Standard’s new ActiClean self-cleaning toilet. The company notes the toilet is the first-of-its-kind product for U.S. homeowners seeking low-maintenance affordable products “that make life easier.” The toilet is launching in both retail and wholesale channels.