• Frank Mortl III has joined the American Fire Sprinkler Association staff as its executive vice president. Mortl will be taking over the duties previously held by Janet Knowles who is retiring in September. Knowles will continue in her role of vice president of marketing and communications until her retirement.
• Emerson Climate Technologies – a business of Emerson – will have a new executive after the company’s Feb. 3 board of directors meeting. Ed Purvis, who ran ECT the last seven years, was appointed COO of the parent company. Robert T. Sharp, a 19-year veteran with Emerson, will take over Purvis’ role.
• Navien announced the appointment of Scott Lee as the company’s new chief executive officer. Lee has been with KD Navien in Korea for four years as an overseas team leader. Harrison Kim will remain involved with the company and has been promoted to vice-chairman for Navien’s American operations.
• Mansfield Plumbing named Gary Pember as the company’s vice president of marketing. Pember has nearly two decades of experience in the building products industry. He has added two marketing resources to the Mansfield Plumbing team: Shawn Draper with Draper DNA, who will provide strategic and full marketing services support, and Kathleen Ziprik with Ziprik Consulting, who will supply communications, media and public relations support.
• Danfoss named Sean Kurtz general manager and director of operations for its compressor manufacturing facility in Arkadelphia, Ark. In addition, Danfoss appointed Joseph Rich as its new senior director of sales and marketing for its North American VLT Drives business. VLT drives are used around the world to optimize processes and reduce energy use in HVAC, water and wastewater, and other applications.
• Rinnai moved the assembly process of its commercial tankless rack system (right) to company headquarters in Peachtree City, Ga. TRS systems are available for applications ranging from 199,000 to 4.9 million Btu.
Report Abusive Comment