The Endura Grease Interceptor Brings Grease Collection Into the 21st Century!
When Canplas looked at the products available in the grease interceptor marketplace, we found opportunities for improvement. Some of the areas we addressed were:
- 1. Material--The internal environment of a grease interceptor is corrosive due to the salts found in the grease collected. These salts attack most metal surfaces, thereby reducing the lifespan of standard metal grease interceptors.
2. Weight--The weight of a typical metal interceptor is such that it takes two or more tradespeople to install, which increases installation time, cost and the risk of back strain.
3. Seal--Many interceptors are sealed by a single bolt in the middle of the unit and a foam gasket around the perimeter. Over time, the foam gasket may wear down or tear, leading to the possibility of odors escaping into the cooking area. Not a pleasant odor!
4. Blockage--The flow control device found with all grease interceptors is used to regulate the flow entering the unit. Due to the restriction of flow at this point, this area can be prone to blockage.
5. Warranty--Many units on the market only offer a one-year warranty.
The Endura Solution from Canplas:
- 1. Material--Canplas chose polypropylene to injection mold all of the major components of our grease interceptor because it will not rust or corrode. Polypropylene will also handle the high temperatures generated by dishwashers.
2. Weight--Our 15, 20 and 25 gpm grease interceptors weigh approximately 23 lbs. or about one-third the weight of a like-sized metal interceptor. This means one tradesperson can install the Endura Grease Interceptor, thereby reducing installation man-hours and the risk of back strain.
3. Seal--The Endura Grease Interceptor uses a multi-fastener system with a neoprene o-ring gasket to create a durable, airtight and watertight seal.
4. Blockage--In order to allow fast clearing of blockages at the flow control, the Endura Grease Interceptor will now be equipped with a flow control with cleanout that provides quick and easy access. This will reduce the down time if a blockage should occur.
5. Warranty--The Endura Grease Interceptor now offers a 10-year warranty against perforation due to rust or corrosion.
The Endura Grease Interceptor is currently available in 15, 20 and 25 gpm sizes, with larger sizes planned for the latter part of 2003.
For more information, please call Canplas at 1-800-461-1771.