1. AutoCAD CDCharlotte Pipe and Foundry has developed a complete set of two-dimensional and three-dimensional AutoCAD drawings that are available on CD or on the web (www.charlottepipe.com). The CD includes all the product specifications and technical data mechanical contractors, engineers and OEMs need to design their systems.
Charlotte Pipe and Foundry. Circle 1.
2. Industrial Fittings Dimensional CatalogA pocket-sized industrial fittings catalog is available from Charlotte Pipe and Foundry. The guide features dimensional data and product specifications for PVC Schedule 40 and 80 fittings, and Corzan® CPVC Schedule 80 fittings. Charlotte Pipe's industrial product line also includes PVC Schedule 40 and 80 pipe and Corzan CPVC Schedule 40 and 80 pipe. Charlotte Pipe industrial products meet all applicable ASTM and NSF standards.
Charlotte Pipe and Foundry. Circle 2.
3. Pipe Hangers and DevicesPHD Mfg. offers its line of pipe hangers and devices, including threaded accessories, rod couplings, hex nuts, washers, clamps, pipe roller supports, pipe saddles, guides, slides and j-hooks.
PHD Mfg., Inc. Circle 3.
4. Tankless Water HeaterThe new State Aurora™ tankless gas water heater is rated to provide a continuous four gallons per minute (gpm) supply of hot water at 77?F rise. The Aurora is equipped with a copper heat exchanger and operates between 78% and 81% efficiency. The tankless design heats water on demand, with inputs modulating from 25,000 to 194,000 Btu, depending on hot water demand. The water heater measures 23.6 inches high, 13.8 inches wide and 9.4 inches deep, and it is designed for wall-mounted installation with vertical or horizontal power-venting.
State Water Heaters. Circle 4.
5. Radiant Floor SystemThe Ultra Fin system by MacDuffco Inc., uses aluminum fins to heat wood-frame houses. It was designed to simplify existing models of radiant heating. It uses 5/8-inch O.D. composite tubing installed 3 inches below the floor, through joists. Heavy-gauge aluminum fin is attached to the tubing in each joist space using six pop rivets. Uses less than one-third of the tubing required by most radiant systems. MacDuffco Inc. Circle 5.
6.Rinnaidisplayed its whole-house tankless hot water system at the 2004 KBIS show to attract the attention of designers doing kitchen and bath remodels. According to Rinnai, a tankless hot water system saves space and is more energy efficient, particularly for handling custom baths and showers or larger capacity tubs.
7. Radiant PanelWarmboard is a 4 x 8 T&G structural subfloor panel with a top surface of highly conductive aluminum. Carpenters nail it directly to the floor joists in the manner of conventional platform framing. Its modular pattern of grooves link together to provide an infinite variety of radiant designs. The installer then simply presses standard 1/2" PEX tubing into the groove to complete the panel installation.
Warmboard. Circle 7.
8. Radiant Heating and Snow and Ice Melt SystemsZurn PEX Plumbing & Radiant Heating Systems allow different areas of the building to simultaneously maintain different temperatures. They warm all the objects in a room directly and do not circulate airborne irritants. Zurn snow and ice melt systems can be installed under asphalt or pavers or in concrete slab, and they remove snow and ice from steps, driveways, sidewalks and wheelchair ramps.
Zurn PEX Plumbing & Radiant Heating Systems. Circle 8.
9. Radiant Heating SystemsTerra Therma radiant floor heating systems from Slant/Fin offer superior PEX tubing and easy to control manifolds and controls. With the Terra Therma manifold assembly, it's simple to balance the flow of heated water. A built-in balancing valve on each return module, plus provision for a manifold zone valve operator on each supply module, allow the heating system to be fine-tuned loop by loop. To speed system set-up, pre-calculated zone settings may be determined with Slant/Fin system design software.
Slant/Fin. Circle 9.
10. Sprinkler Pipe with ABF CoatingAllied Tube & Conduit's Antibacterial Formula (ABF) coating offers resistance to microbial colonization of sprinkler pipe walls, delaying or possibly preventing the onset of microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC) when the sprinkler system is first installed. ABF is applied to the interior surface of all Allied Tube & Conduit sprinkler pipe products up to 4.5 inches in diameter (excluding hot-dip galvanized).
Allied Tube & Conduit. Circle 10.