McLaren Software, a leading independent software vendor specializing in engineering content management applications, announced the immediate availability of its Enterprise Engineer 2.5.1 Service Pack 1 (SP1) upgrade for the EMC Documentum platform.
Enterprise Engineer 2.5.1 SP1 is the first of McLaren's software updates for Documentum, providing improved functionality, streamlining content management processes and enabling enhanced platform support across the entire Enterprise Engineer suite. This includes:
- Faster import of AutoCAD and MicroStation drawings;
- Streamlined review and lifecycle processes, incorporating feedback from customers;
- Multi-line text boxes and dialogs, enabling more information to be recorded and stored, aiding the creation of audit trails;
- Extended CAD support, including full reference handling;
- New platform support for Windows Server 2003 and Documentum 5.3 and 5.2.5 SP 2 and SP 3;
- Support for AutoCAD® 2006 and MicroStation 8.5.
Enterprise Engineer is a suite of configurable business applications that manage engineering content and the business processes that use this content. The software supports the engineering process by providing a single point of controlled access to manage the production and use of project content, such as drawings, correspondence, procedures and specifications, throughout an asset's lifecycle.
Extending the capabilities of the EMC Documentum platform, Enterprise Engineer accommodates the complexity of engineering content and associated business processes. By connecting engineering and the enterprise, it reduces costs; reduces the risk of non-compliance and lost production; improves efficiency and communication, and accelerates project execution.
For more information, visit www.mclarensoftware.com.
Report Abusive Comment