Help Hurricane-Displaced ASPE Members in Need
ASPE is asking for help in three ways:
1. Temporary Jobs. It is looking for consulting/engineering/architectural firms and manufacturers that would be able to provide a part-time job or position to a skilled plumbing engineer or designer for the next few months, who is temporarily unemployed due to the hurricane.
2. Housing/Relocation. It is looking for consulting/engineering/architectural firms and manufacturers that would be able to provide any direct help to ASPE members in dire need. For example, providing prepaid shelter such as a hotel or residence inn room or any other place to live (basements, unused homes, etc.) for a few weeks or months. Other direct assistance that would be helpful would be a stipend paid directly to an individual to help relocate a displaced person to a new job location.
3. Spreading the Word. It is looking to get the word out. If you are displaced or impacted by the hurricane, or know someone who is, contact ASPE. Let those in need know that there is a help line for them.
How to get help and how to offer help:
1. Call ASPE direct at (773) 693-2773. Ask for Stanley Wolfson, ASPE's executive director, and he'll collect your information or provide information on available help. If you are an ASPE member in need, call collect. Just let the ASPE staff know that you're a member and give your name.
2. ASPE has arranged a special toll-free telephone number: 1-877-868-0001. Please use it if you need help or know someone who does. Be sure to pass it on. All voice messages will be immediately passed on to ASPE's executive director. (The number is only for help for hurricane displaced members; no other ASPE services are available through this number.)
3. ASPE has set up a special contact forum section at http://aspe.org/ASPE_Members/phpBB2/index.php. You will not need any special password. The site is available to everyone.
4. ASPE has set up a special person-to-person site. To join, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ASPEHelp/ and sign in. When you join, you will get two e-mails: an ASPE welcome and a system welcome. This is a free group contact service.