This educational presentation provides an introduction to the design of domestic hot water systems with a comprehensive focus on water heaters and related components. The presentation will review the various types of water heater systems, the adjacent components and accessories, and how the system flows and fits together. The primary considerations for applications and sizing will also be discussed with examples. Participants will learn how best to evaluate an application and choose the proper water heating system based on the specific parameters of a project.
- Identify the various types of domestic hot water (DHW) systems.
- Explain the pros and cons of each type of DHW system.
- Describe the common components and accessories in a DHW system and their utility.
- Explain the factors involved when determining the right type of water heater for an application.
- Discuss the relevant factors for sizing a DHW system and be able to apply them.