The National Kitchen & Bath Design & Industry Awards are open for submissions. Each year the NKBA recognizes the year’s most exceptional kitchen and bath designs. This year’s competition includes more than $60,000 in cash prizes and winners will also be featured in an issue of Luxe Interior + Design magazine, as well as Kitchen & Bath Business magazine, the official publication of the NKBA.
- Contemporary Kitchen: Small/Medium (Under 250 sq. ft.)
- Contemporary Kitchen: Large/Extra-Large (More than 250 sq. ft.)
- Traditional Kitchen: Small/Medium (Under 250 sq. ft.)
- Traditional Kitchen: Large/Extra-Large (More than 250 sq. ft.)
- Contemporary Bathroom: Small/Medium (Under 55 sq. ft.)
- Contemporary Bathroom: Large/Extra-Large (More than 55 sq. ft.)
- Traditional Bathroom: Small/Medium (Under 55 sq. ft.)
- Traditional Bathroom: Large/Extra-Large (More than 55 sq. ft.)
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Living In Place
To be eligible, all project entries must have been installed between Jan. 1, 2019, and July 3, 2020.
The competition is divided into two rounds. In round one, all entries must include two high-resolution (300 dpi) photographs, a completed entry form and entry payment. All entries must be submitted by Thursday, July 3, 2020, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
“We understand it’s been an extremely unusual year and there may be many designers who were anticipating having their projects professionally photographed, but haven’t been able to do it because of the COVID-19 pandemic,” explained Suzie Williford, EVP & Chief Strategy Officer of NKBA. “Good design is good design, whether it’s professionally photographed or not. Don’t let that discourage you from having your work recognized. The cameras on smartphones have come a long way. Our judges will take these unusual circumstances into consideration as they are evaluating the entries.”
Round two finalists will be announced on July 15. As part of this second round of judging, all finalists will be required to upload additional materials to their submission folder. These materials include up to 10 more high-res photos, a detailed design statement, drawings (construction, floorplans, elevations, and mechanical), a specifications form, client property and photographer release forms, a business owner form, a headshot and a brief biography.
Information on entry and guidelines can be found here.