- The International Code Council tabbed Cyndi Lewis as its new government relations manager for Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas. For more than 15 years, Lewis has served as a code official for major and small jurisdictions. She will be headquartered in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- EasyFlex is relocating its West Coast office and warehouse from Tustin, Calif., to Garden Grove, Calif.
- The United States Green Building Council announced it will commit to scaling green buildings to more than 5 billion sq. ft. over the next five years through the LEED and EDGE rating systems.
- U.S. Boiler Co. announced a strategic partnership with Watertown, Mass.-based manufacturers representative URELL.
- Stop valve manufacturer ACCOR Technology launched its new website (www.accortechnology.com) to help plumbing industry professionals take advantage of the company’s patented PUSHON technology.
- Daikin Applied Americas announced it acquired a minority ownership stake in California-based Riptide IO, a software company focusing on helping building owners connect, manage and automate building equipment by bringing the full benefit of the Internet of Things to commercial buildings.
- Four generations of Edmondson family members have worked at Mansfield Plumbing, serving a total of 231 years. Rod Edmondson is the current model shop manager and a 32-year employee. His father, Weldon, worked at Mansfield from 1954 to 1995. Rod’s grandfather, Kenneth, worked there from 1956 to 1966, while his son, Kolton, worked at Mansfield in the summer of 2015. A host of other Edmondson family members and extended family also have called Mansfield home over the years.
Movers & Shakers — January 2016
January 29, 2016