ASTM has made available numerous benefits to students, including:
- E-mail delivery of Standardization News, ASTM's monthly magazine; Business Link, a semiannual business and technical publication; and Access ASTM International, an ASTM customer-oriented newsletter.
- Free admission to ASTM symposia, which feature technical paper presentations by industry experts across various fields.
- A reduced fee of $25 for the first year of membership in ASTM International upon graduation.
- Access to ASTM International's new Student Membership web page, which offers updated information and links to various professional organizations.
- The ability to note ASTM membership on their resumes and share in an international network of future peers.
ASTM International student members also gain exclusive eligibility to participate in the ASTM Student Paper Contest. Submitted papers must address the role of ASTM standards in business, industry and trade. Students must demonstrate the beneficial impact of an ASTM standard or group of standards. Paper submissions are due to ASTM by Nov. 1, 2003. For more information onthe contest, please visit the new student membership section of the ASTM website at www.astm.org/studentmember. For more information about the ASTM International Student Membership program, please contact Lisa Wellington at email@example.com.