The 2007 Uniform Plumbing Code Report on Proposals and 2007 Uniform Mechanical Code Report on Proposals are available now from the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO). Each document details all official actions taken by the Plumbing and Mechanical Technical Committees during the 2007 Technical Committee meeting in St. Louis, MO.
As part of IAPMO’s consensus code development process, committees heard nearly 400 proposed changes to the UPC and UMC during the April meeting, and also reviewed and updated extracted material from National Fire Protection Association documents to be included in the 2009 versions of the code.
In accordance with the IAPMO bylaws, all IAPMO members will receive a complimentary copy of both reports by mail; the reports may also be downloaded at http://www.iapmo.org/iapmo/rop.html. Interested parties can advocate their positions either for or against the actions taken by the Technical Committees on Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2007, during the Assembly Consideration Session at IAPMO’s Annual Education and Business Conference in Las Vegas, NV.
In addition, IAPMO is pleased to announce the launch of the IAPMO Career Center, a new online resource designed to bring all of the best job opportunities in the plumbing and mechanical industries to one place. The service is free to all job seekers, making it the online destination of choice for top plumbing and mechanical professionals across the nation.
“The Career Center, in addition to other recent initiatives, strengthens our mission to provide the most convenient and comprehensive education products and services to support the global adoption of the IAPMO codes and standards,” remarked IAPMO Executive Director Russ Chaney. “I am looking forward to having our members be able to take advantage of this valuable new service.”
Job seekers, the new IAPMO Career Center provides:
* FREE and confidential resume posting - Make your resume available to employers in the industry, confidentially if you choose.
* Job search control - Quickly and easily find relevant industry job listings and sign up for automatic email notification of new jobs that match your criteria.
* Easy job application - Apply online and create a password-protected account for managing your job search.
* Saved jobs capability - Save up to 100 jobs to a folder in your account, giving you the freedom to come back to apply when you are ready.
Employers, the new IAPMO Career Center will help streamline your hiring process with:
* Exposure for job listings - IAPMO offers a large audience of qualified plumbing and mechanical professionals.
* Easy online job management - You can enter job descriptions, check the status of postings, renew or discontinue postings, and even make payments online.
* Resume searching access - With a paid job listing, you can search the resume database and use an automatic notification system to receive email notifications when new resumes match your criteria.
* Company awareness - Along with each job posting, you can include information about your individual company and a link to your web site.
As a special introductory offer to employers, IAPMO is taking 30% off the regular price of job postings. Simply enter the promotion code “LAUNCH” at checkout and the discount will be applied.