On May 9, 1916, Penrose, a Philadelphia entrepreneur who had made his fortune in gold and copper mining, purchased the already established Broadmoor Casino and Hotel 40-acre site, and an adjoining 400 acres in Colorado Springs.
Spa Renovation FeaturesThe renovated spa offers the following improvements:
- 3,200 additional square feet added to the existing facility.
- Renovation cost: $3.5 million.
- Six new massage rooms (each with Venetian chandeliers).
- Three new facial rooms (each with Venetian chandeliers).
- A new showpiece couples' massage room.
- Two new Tag Galyean $100,000.00 SilverTAG Serenity Showers with detailed Vita Nova tiled mosaic floor. These completely computerized hydrotherapy showers have 19 showerheads customized to each guest's body shape and water pressure preferences. Includes a choice of tonic treatment (water becomes increasingly warmer to relax muscles, to suddenly an invigorating cool, and then back to very warm) or anti-stress treatment (strong jets of water start on shoulders and then slowly move up and down the body to reduce muscle tension).
- Exclusively patented Tranquility Tubs with overflow infinity edge for soaking hydrotherapy treatments.
- Increased locker facilities on the ladies' side, adding 84 new half lockers and two private dressing rooms.
- Four additional showers in the ladies' locker room. All six showers are private and feature elegant fixtures and a separate changing area.
- Luxurious new private restrooms in the ladies' locker room that include individual pedestal sinks and gilded mirrors.
- A completely renovated and extended Quiet Room.
HydrotherapyFollowing its $3.5 million renovation and expansion, the Spa at The Broadmoor is returning to its true roots. The word "spa"
The Serenity Shower reinterprets traditional European hydrotherapies, allowing for varying temperatures and pressure, to simulate the feeling of showering under a vigorous waterfall. The mind and body are delighted with overwhelming, calming sensations. Then it's on to the soaking tubs where guests are surrounded by almost 70 gallons of water, thereby greatly increasing the effectiveness of hydrostatic pressure. And while in the soaking tub, warm streams of water continue to flow over the guest's shoulders giving them the sensation of floating down a warm, calm river. These two treatments are uniquely relaxing experiences alone, but when coupled with a succeeding massage, they are a powerful tool in creating a most effective and relaxing spa therapy experience.
For more information on the Broadmoor, visit www.broadmoor.com.