Poll

Connect with pme!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and subscribe to our enewsletter and RSS feeds.

Web Exclusive Stories

What's Your Solar Potential?

This past summer, PM Engineer magazine added a bimonthly column on solar design, written by hydronics guru John Siegenthaler, P.E. Response to the column, called “Solar Design Notebook,” has been very favorable, which surprises neither Siggy nor anyone else on the staff of PME. In fact, insights that I’ve gained from Siggy’s columns have already proven very helpful to me on two occasions...
Read More

I've Got the Bailout Blues

That eardrum shattering noise you’ve been hearing is the construction industry grinding to a halt. Will the gears that run our economy unclench?If so, when? A few days ago, the House of Representatives joined Congress in passing the financial “Bail Out Bill.” President Bush quickly signed the measure so taxpayers like you and me can throw $700 billion at the problem.
Read More

Houston, We Have Big Problems

Three years ago this month, I joined a group of about a dozen volunteers on an emergency trip to Gulfport, MS. We were a couple weeks behind Hurricane Katrina and traveling with an 18-wheeler loaded with supplies. The devastation was still immense as we arrived. Now our eyes are fixed on Texas, Louisiana and the other states that bore the brunt of Hurricane Ike.
Read More

No Time to Play Possum

There’s an unsettling thought tailgating the bumper of this week’s wild ride on Wall Street. The bad news isn’t over. Clearly, the housing and financial crises are not going to subside any time soon. For construction pros, business opportunities will be limited. But this is no time to play possum.
Read More

"Global Trends Conference"

The Copper Development Association’s “2008 Global Market Trends Conference” was held in Chicago, Sept. 10-12, and focused mainly on green technologies and sustainable development. I attended several of the programs, and will take this opportunity to share some of the more memorable insights coming out of them.

Read More

Celebrating Sept. 12"

September 11 was a somber day for me. From the moment I turned on my car radio in the morning until I went to sleep, words and images kept flooding my mind. All day long my thoughts returned to the events of September 11, 2001. I rarely look out my office window, but a flag flying at half-mast kept stealing my attention. I haven’t thought this much about 9-11 since the one-year anniversary.

Read More

Casting Off Doubts [UPDATED W/AUDIO CLIPS]

Uncertainty going in…certainty coming out. That’s the shortest summary I can give of my view of cast iron as a “green” material following last Thursday's MEC Webinar by John Siegenthaler, P.E. (Siggy). His 60-plus-minute presentation, called Cast-Iron Boiler Technology: Past, Present, and Future, talked at length about why cast iron boilers can no longer be seen through “rust-colored” glasses.

Read More

Serial Thief Remains at Large

Following an investigation that included 269 first-hand reports from victims, we’ve identified the thief who stole money from construction firms nationwide. His name: Residential Construction Decline, or RCD for short.
Read More

The Return of The (MEC) Webinar

Forget football. Forget politics. Fall is Webinar season-and it’s back. That’s right. The Fall 2008 Modern Engineering Concepts Webinar Series kicks off next Thursday, Sept. 11, (1 pm ET) when yours truly gets to moderate an extremely interesting session...
Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

pme's Top 20 Products of 2014

Here are the top products from 20 different manufacturers that were featured in editorial coverage in pme in 2014 in print and/or online at www.pmengineer.com. These are based on the number of reader inquiries/clicks they generated. For more information on any of these products, please visit the companies’ websites.

5/28/15 2:00 pm EDT

Efficient Variable Speed Pump Selection & Control

ON DEMAND This webinar will help to answer questions like: "How many pumps should our system use?" and "How should we sequence (stage) on additional pumps?"

PM Engineer Magazine

pme may 2015 cover

2015 May

Check out pme's latest issue, which features content about fire protection systems and a profile on Precis Commissioning's Kari Donovan

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Where do you look for new employees?

Where do you look for new employees?
View Results Poll Archive

The PM Engineer Store

2015.jpg
2015 National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator

Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual!

More Products

Clear Seas Research

ClearSeasResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications, Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook_4012.png twitter_40px12.png  youtube_40px12.png    linkedin_40px1.png Google+

NSF 122x150

Check out pme's special section - Design for Safety & Sustainability.